560ti kills CPU overclock?

Vegas P11

[H]ard|Gawd
I just picked up a Galaxy 560ti card for the rig in sig and it seems to have killed my overclock. I had been running at 3.5ghz for about 4 or 5 months with the GTX260 but now I get lockups when it goes into sleep mode. When I restart I get a bios message that my previous overclock has failed and to enter BIOS to change settings but it locks up on that screen as well. The only thing I can do is kill the power supply and wait a few minutes and plug it back in. I have tried moving the 6 pin PCIe connectors to the 3rd and 4th rail respectively on the ps and that hasn't helped at all. Any ideas?

Whats the video card you use to use before the 560ti and whats the Psu in your computer.

Whats the video card you use to use before the 560ti and whats the Psu in your computer.

Read the OP and his signature. He used to have a GTX 260 and his PS is an Antec Truepower Quattro. The PSU should be more than adequate.

You don't have the PCI Express bus overclocked do you? Keep that locked.

Have you updated your GFX drivers?

That is always on my list of things to check when trouble shooting a problem. It doesn't sound like a PSU problem either, you would have to imagine that would be brought on by heavy use via gaming or something along those lines.

+1
agreed

Id run the hole computer my self as well with out overclocking and see what happens and if that changes anything.

And ya the psu should be able to take it.that is unless it has a problem.
That's fast to check in any case, just use a different psu and see if the problem is still their.

Sorry it took so long to reply, but I don't think it is video card drivers as the the problem appears when the BIOS screen starts. Using Nvidia 266.66 drivers though. What I did so far was reset Bios, and I seem to be only able to get 3.12ghz @ 1.36volts. Anything over that even bumping the voltage doesn't help. Well I guess that is a healthy overclock from the 2.6 stock but it just seemed weird that changing my video card started this problem.

being that its a nvidia based board and using a chipset thats now 3 years old it wouldn't surprise me. but you could try giving the chipset more voltage and see if that helps. but it will run significantly hotter..

being that its a nvidia based board and using a chipset thats now 3 years old it wouldn't surprise me. but you could try giving the chipset more voltage and see if that helps. but it will run significantly hotter..

I'd try backing off on your voltage settings just a little. If your new video card is more power efficient than the one you had before you may have excess system power going back to cpu or other electrical devices in your system since you know longer have the higher load gpu.

Back