• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

55" 4k: QLED or direct backlight?

uOpt

2[H]4U
Joined
Mar 29, 2006
Messages
2,902
Can't make up my mind. Want a 55" 4k TV.

QLED sounds interesting, and I can have the 55" Q6 for $1000.

On the other hand, those are edge lit and the TCL 55R617 (R6 version) is back lit and costs $630. I had bad experiences with Samsung TVs, so... mumble.

Then of course there are Samsung OLED Q7, Q8 and Q9 (not sure Q9 has a 55" model), which have really shitty descriptions on what they offer extra except some HDR buzzwords (which buzzword do I need for 12 bit colors?). I think the Q8 might not be edge lit anymore? Anybody knows?

Any insight?
 
Thanks.

I actually decided to go with the 49" QLED unit. Same money as the TCL and maybe better for use on the computer later. Leaves money for some CPU upgrade. Thanks!
 
Back
Top