512GB Plextor M3S - $370 @ Amazon

Very tempting. I just picked up a Corsair Neutron for non-Steam games. This is large enough to hold most of my steam library....arrrghhh. Between a set of 4 new tires, a Corsair neutron and the new iPhone (yeah, I know) it's been an expensive 8 day span.

Getting lower but there still is no logical need for a SSD of this size.

Yes there is. Once you get an ssd and you experience its lightning power you are going to want to keep as much important and fun stuff as possible on the ssd. I currently have a 128gb and 256gb m4 and I'm starting to run out of space :D

Getting lower but there still is no logical need for a SSD of this size.

"640K ought to be enough for anybody."

I have a 500GB spinner in my laptop that I can't wait to replace with a SSD, but there is no way I'm going to sacrifice capacity for speed.

Yes there is. Once you get an ssd and you experience its lightning power you are going to want to keep as much important and fun stuff as possible on the ssd. I currently have a 128gb and 256gb m4 and I'm starting to run out of space :D

I agree, to an extent. Media and random apps can be stored on a platter drive without any problem, but when it comes to gaming and such, SSDs are unrivaled.

Back