512 MB Video RAM

  • Thread starter Deleted member 169154
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 169154

Guest
I have not found any official test on when 512MB vram becomes a bottleneck. My monitor runs at 1680x1050, and I do not think that 512MB would ever be a bottleneck, but I am not sure.

Anyone seen when the 620MB, 768MB, or even 1GB becomes neccesary?
 
Hard's review today said it would only be a problem for SLI, and that DX10 games will come to increasingly benefit from memory capacity. But I'm also wondering on what memory flavor to step up to.
 
h;s review said at above 1920x+ the 512 is a bottle neck in SLI

So the trend will likely be, if you want 1920 x + resolutions and eye candy, the 512 will start to affect your FPS on cards like the 8800GT and GTS, and soon the Ultra cards with newer DX10 titles coming out
 
Back
Top