• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

<50MM CPU Cooler - AMD APU

dennisjai

2[H]4U
Joined
Jan 20, 2005
Messages
2,973
I was curious to see if I have all the low profile coolers checked off. Unfortunately this will be the only fan in the case, with very limited space and trying to cool a power hungry AMD A10. After researching, I only see two options, the Scythe Kozuti and the Noctua NH-L9a, am I missing any low profile CPU coolers under 50mm?

TIA!
 
Holy shit....the only fan in the pc? yea that puppy will be working hard
 
The cryorig c7 is 47mm with the fan off.
CRYORIG C7 Ultra Compact CPU Cooler Review | PC Perspective
The noctua is your best bet.
Heatsink Specification
  • Dimension (with fan): L97 mm x W97 mm x H47 mm
  • Weight (with fan): 357 g
  • Weight (without fan): 295 g
  • Heat pipes: 6mm heatpipe x 4 units
  • Fin: T = 0.4 mm ; Gap = 1.2 mm
  • Fin Pcs: 57 pcs
  • Copper Base: C1100 Pure copper nickel plated
  • RAM Height Limit: Limitless
  • TDP: 100 W
There is a picture in the same review with a gauge measuring the height and it is on 47 mm exactly.
Inline | PC Perspective

Only potential issue is the fan is mounted using a proprietary clipping system, so keep that in mind if you want to fit a different fan.
 
It's not new, but the only other HSF I can think of that meets your height requirement and has good airflow is the Silverstone AR05.

SilverStone Argon Series AR05 Rifle Bearing CPU Cooler with 92mm Fan for Socket LGA1155/1156/1150, AM2/AM3/FM1/FM2 - Newegg.com
Introduction - SilverStone Argon AR-05 Low Profile CPU Cooler Review

Only potential issue with this one is the specs only state compatibility with AM2, AM3, FM1, and FM2. I'm not knowledgeable on AMD sockets, so I don't know if it will fit FM3 or FM3+.

What A10 are we talking about? Because keep in mind that coolers of this size are usually only good for up to a 100W TDP.
 
I think the C7 is the best result given the case i'm working with. The AR05 is a bit smaller. it's for an A10-7700k, but once the new Zen APUs come out, it'll go on to that. Thanks!
 
Back
Top