• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

5080 Teething Issues/Blackwell drivers?

undertaker2k8

2[H]4U
2FA
Joined
Jul 25, 2012
Messages
2,581
Still kinda happy I landed a 5080 FE without much effort on launch day, but having some persistent issues that many other folks have reported:

1. Chrome is now a cluster...random choppiness and slowness all around, Edge seems to be much better. Perhaps something about Chrome's HW acceleration and blackwell drivers?
2. MSI Afterburner is also a cluster, even without the voltage control enabled, any overclocking with it will lead to random freezes with slow moving cursors across the screen needing a reboot to fix.

So far GPU Tweak seems to be behaving better. The TL;DR is should never have sold my 4090 last June, the $$$ saved hasn't been worth the hassle and I didn't overpay for anything/got my 4090 cost back.

Blackwell drivers seem to particularly half baked even by NV's record. Any one else experiencing similar issues?

And I'm using latest everything in terms of drivers, firmware etc. across the board.
 
Still kinda happy I landed a 5080 FE without much effort on launch day, but having some persistent issues that many other folks have reported:

1. Chrome is now a cluster...random choppiness and slowness all around, Edge seems to be much better. Perhaps something about Chrome's HW acceleration and blackwell drivers?
2. MSI Afterburner is also a cluster, even without the voltage control enabled, any overclocking with it will lead to random freezes with slow moving cursors across the screen needing a reboot to fix.

So far GPU Tweak seems to be behaving better. The TL;DR is should never have sold my 4090 last June, the $$$ saved hasn't been worth the hassle and I didn't overpay for anything/got my 4090 cost back.

Blackwell drivers seem to particularly half baked even by NV's record. Any one else experiencing similar issues?

And I'm using latest everything in terms of drivers, firmware etc. across the board.
Considering how long the thread is here talking about how much these drivers suck this launch, many still are having persistent problems. Just one more reason I’m glad I didn’t get all excited about Blackwell. It’s been an overall cluster.
 
I think there is something wrong at the hardware level. Some reviewers have been honest about the issues and it is a shitshow. Major issues can vary from platform to platform but in all cases the pervious gen had NONE of the issues that reviewers are experiencing. And then there are the games themselves where even some popular titles just flat out have bizarre issues they don't happen on previous gen cards. 4080 and 4090 owners just need to enjoy their cards for the time being. I sure as hell regret selling my 4090.
 
I think there is something wrong at the hardware level. Some reviewers have been honest about the issues and it is a shitshow. Major issues can vary from platform to platform but in all cases the pervious gen had NONE of the issues that reviewers are experiencing. And then there are the games themselves where even some popular titles just flat out have bizarre issues they don't happen on previous gen cards. 4080 and 4090 owners just need to enjoy their cards for the time being. I sure as hell regret selling my 4090.
Hopefully NV can address most of them via firmware, have done that before.
 
The only issues I have come across was a once in a while black screen on start up, but the latest drivers fixed that issue. This was happening with my previous 4090 card.
 
There are reproducible verified issues with all 50 series in certain games and also issues on certain hardware configurations. These are issues that were not present on the previous generation cards.
 
ddu and reinstall the newest driver. maybe try locking pcie speeds. if youre trying to use AB, go to unwinders forum post on guru3d and read/follow ALL the notes.
 
What, problems with Nvidia drivers. I was told by trusted sources these things never happen on their hardware and if there is a issue it's fix in weeks at worse.

Honestly, I think I will just stay away from the 5000 series cards. Way to many problems with sky high prices.
 
Forced 4.0 for PCIE in the BIOS and things seem much much better, Chrome is usable again. Some people report setting ASPM/Link State Power Management to L0 allows you to still use PCIE 5.0 but given the non-existent performance difference will just keep it at 4.0, especially since I have every single PCIE/NVME port loaded on my rig, may be pushing things a bit. Also not sure if switching PCIE speeds makes any major difference in actual power savings.
 
Back
Top