• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

500K ppd for Top 20?!?

Delemon

Limp Gawd
Joined
Nov 28, 2006
Messages
220
According to this, it'll take half a million points per day to break into top 20!

Way awesome for those of you up there, and WTF for those of us trying to figure out how much its going to cost to break into that top tier!

Grats guys, fold [H]ard!
 
Even if you overclock that $3k server you still won't be [H]ard enough for the top 20. You almost need two :eek:
 
Even if you overclock that $3k server you still won't be [H]ard enough for the top 20. You almost need two :eek:

A good enough 4p will put you in the top 20. I'm getting ~700k out of one.
 
A good enough 4p will put you in the top 20. I'm getting ~700k out of one.
How to do you get 6900 series units? I thought everyone's 4ps were getting straight 8101 units like mine.
8101 is just under 500k on that machine right?
 
How to do you get 6900 series units? I thought everyone's 4ps were getting straight 8101 units like mine.
8101 is just under 500k on that machine right?

A bit over. The p6901 that I'm processing now is 534k ppd (4m58s tpf). p8101 should be similar ppd.
 
A good enough 4p will put you in the top 20. I'm getting ~700k out of one.

To get ~700K out of a 4P would be a higher end 4P IMO. 6176s or 6180s OCed 20% to 30%. A 4P with 6128s would be 'good enough' IMO.
 
My "temporary" 4P setup with 6128s will not come close to 500K PPD.
Only around 380K PPD on the best 690x WUs (about a 25:50 TPF I think).
This is with an OC of 247.
I believe you will need 48 cores running at least 2.2GHz based on my experience.
 
I don't think you can guarantee it with only 1 4p. If you get a string of 8101s or similarly low scoring WU, you'll be under 500K with anything but the fastest 4p with a strong OC.
 
To get ~700K out of a 4P would be a higher end 4P IMO. 6176s or 6180s OCed 20% to 30%. A 4P with 6128s would be 'good enough' IMO.

My system is a higher end system. 4 x 6180SE with a 15% OC. However, the price was about the $3k figure that was quoted a few posts up.
 
with $3k .. can you have 2x 4p 6128? I guess you can .. and PPD will be higher . :D
 
My system is a higher end system. 4 x 6180SE with a 15% OC. However, the price was about the $3k figure that was quoted a few posts up.

I believe you are right I have 1 set of 74's that run at 2600 which will hit 700K on a occasional 6904 but there is no way it will do it on a daily basis
 
It's actually a little less than 500K, once the OCFThanks[H] thing is over #21 makes ~460k PPD.
 
It's actually a little less than 500K, once the OCFThanks[H] thing is over #21 makes ~460k PPD.

And who would that slacker be at #21 (and 22 for that matter)??? They need to pick it up to keep the top 20 at 500K ppd.

(UTO and kendrak, I'm talking to you...)
 
it would be 431k to be in top 20 .. cuz I switched back to my team...:D
 
Back
Top