500GB Seagate SATA300 - $199 NO Rebates @ Fry's

rigor

n00b
Check your local Fry's Ad today. Here in SoCal, they are listing a Seagate 500GB SATA300 w/ 16MB buffer for only $199, no rebates.

amd ati FO SHO said:
No its not. That is the PATA version.

Are you sure its Seagate 500gb SATA II instore OP?

Yes, its instore.

o m g i would never have to buy another hard drive again....well... it would replace my 3 ide hard drives in my computer lol...and its a sexy sata II O_O

That’s true, I guess I should have remembered that. So since they have merged does make the drives the same quality? I have always had problems with Maxtor drives and I really wonder how this is going to change the quality of the drives...

hity645 said:
Just cause they merged doesn't mean the drives on the shelf at right now are made from the same company.

Thats what I was thinking, maybe I will give Maxtor drives made by Seagate another try in the future.

But didn't the deal just go through only within the last couple weeks?...I don't think there's been enough time to finalize everything, let alone combining manufacturing, packaging, distribution, etc of the 2 compaines - if that's the ultimate end game for the deal (or if it's going to be Seagate/Maxtor and both stay separate [not likely tho]).

I haven't paid enough attention to the deal's specifics, but if there's any consolidation of the other company, I hope it's Seagate that comes out alive - their warranties are far better, and from what I've seen less complaints re: Seagate vs Maxtor's offerings...Of course everyone's experiences are different.

[edit] Wish there were more Fry's B&Ms around SoCal (nearer SM area)..The most convenient for me is still the Woodland Hills store, out in my old neck of the woods..Oh well, I might be going to see some old family friends over the weekend - maybe I can swing by there on my way out there...Not that there's likely to be any left on the shelf by then though :(

hmm so which one is better to get .. the 500 maxtor for 189 or the 500 seagate for 199
ive never had a problem with maxtor

jetjaguar said:
hmm so which one is better to get .. the 500 maxtor for 189 or the 500 seagate for 199
ive never had a problem with maxtor

1yr warranty vs. 5yr warranty

I was at Fry's in Austin, TX this afternoon and was tempted to pick one up (the deal is still running.) They also had a 300GB PATA version for $89...

Dont try buying it online, they will sell out in their "in-store" and all those who buy online will get screwed up the ying yang!

outpost.com is a jokle - Fry's should never let them associate their name with it.

deal still on in store as the OP posted for. tuesday is the last day for the sale

MrGuvernment said:
Dont try buying it online, they will sell out in their "in-store" and all those who buy online will get screwed up the ying yang!

outpost.com is a jokle - Fry's should never let them associate their name with it.

Last time I checked, Outpost is wholely owned by Fry's. And while I love Fry's, there are plenty who think the B&Ms are terrible.

That said, I think I can hold out on new storage till the fall.

Just went to outpost right now, and its still at $199 for the Seagate SATA II drive, and doesnt appear to be a "1 drive per house" limit either. Just added 2 to my cart for $399.98, free ground shipping.

Back