• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

5000 vs 6000 series

Chapelboy

n00b
Joined
Nov 8, 2010
Messages
20
I'm loooking into getting SAPPHIRE 100315L Radeon HD 6850 1GB. I've noticed that some of the 5000 series cards (example 5870) cost more then the 6000. Am I missing something? Is this a good card?

I also noticed the Processor Speed 775 MHz on the 6850 is slower then my 5770 (875). Lower but faster speed?
 
6850 is considerably faster than 5770 and a little slower than 5850.
6870 is between 5850 and 5870 performance.

In short: yes the 6850 is a good card. It also overclocks very nicely indeed :)
 
Thanks for the replies. I've noticed more than a few compliants about the 6870s.

Oh one more question! Which card maker is the best? I know everyone probably has an opinon, but I was told SAPPHIRE was good.
 
Last edited:
Thanks for the replies. I've noticed more than a few compliants about the 6870s.

Oh one more question! Which card maker is the best? I know everyone probably has an opinon, but I was told SAPPHIRE was good.

What complaints? Crossfire might pose a few issues....But you shouldn't have any significant problems with a single gpu.
 
What complaints? Crossfire might pose a few issues....But you shouldn't have any significant problems with a single gpu.

DP adapters (DVI active, VGA, HDMI) are all flakey
Fails to resume more than one monitor regularly - requires reboot to fix (talking about blanking the screens for power saving)
Performance is lousy in windowed apps
drivers occasionally BSOD enabling/disabling eyefinity (detecting third screen).
OpenGL problems (this is the whole ATI line though).

There were a few more in there. It's a new card, with new drivers, that just happen to also be ATI drivers. You know what that means. In a month or two it'll be solid.
 
Back
Top