zestforlife
n00b
- Joined
- Dec 23, 2007
- Messages
- 2
1) What will you be doing with this PC? Gaming? Photoshop? Web browsing? etc
Looking at options to replace my Dad's Dell (I think it's a P4 haha..). He would be mainly web browsing and using his stock trading software. Maybe some photo work here and there but nothing really intensive.
2) What's your budget? Are tax and shipping included?
As close to $500 as possible. Though I'll gladly pay a little more here and there for a better product.
3) Where do you live?
Hawaii
4) What exact parts do you need for that budget? CPU, RAM, case, etc. "Everything" is not a valid answer. Please list out all the parts you'll need.
Case and all internals. Will be reusing monitor and peripherals.
5) If reusing any parts, what parts will you be reusing? Please be especially specific about the power supply. List make and model.
Only reusing the monitor, keyboard, mouse, speakers.
6) Will you be overclocking?
Probably not.
7) What size monitor do you have and/or plan to have?
15"? lol not sure, but it's small.
8) When do you plan on building/buying the PC?
ASAP
9) What features do you need in a motherboard? RAID? Firewire? Crossfire or SLI support? etc.
Don't need anything fancy.
10) Do you already have a legit and reusable/transferable OS key/license? If yes, what OS? 32bit or 64bit?
I have a copy of XP with key but might consider an upgrade to win7 if I can find it cheap enough.
I haven't been keeping up with the technology since I built my last gaming rig in 08. I'm kinda getting the feeling it might be cheaper/easier to buy him another Dell but I'm not sure which one to get. I'll gladly build something though, if there's better bang for the buck going that way. I kinda want this computer to have a bit of longevity considering they never think to upgrade.
Looking at options to replace my Dad's Dell (I think it's a P4 haha..). He would be mainly web browsing and using his stock trading software. Maybe some photo work here and there but nothing really intensive.
2) What's your budget? Are tax and shipping included?
As close to $500 as possible. Though I'll gladly pay a little more here and there for a better product.
3) Where do you live?
Hawaii
4) What exact parts do you need for that budget? CPU, RAM, case, etc. "Everything" is not a valid answer. Please list out all the parts you'll need.
Case and all internals. Will be reusing monitor and peripherals.
5) If reusing any parts, what parts will you be reusing? Please be especially specific about the power supply. List make and model.
Only reusing the monitor, keyboard, mouse, speakers.
6) Will you be overclocking?
Probably not.
7) What size monitor do you have and/or plan to have?
15"? lol not sure, but it's small.
8) When do you plan on building/buying the PC?
ASAP
9) What features do you need in a motherboard? RAID? Firewire? Crossfire or SLI support? etc.
Don't need anything fancy.
10) Do you already have a legit and reusable/transferable OS key/license? If yes, what OS? 32bit or 64bit?
I have a copy of XP with key but might consider an upgrade to win7 if I can find it cheap enough.
I haven't been keeping up with the technology since I built my last gaming rig in 08. I'm kinda getting the feeling it might be cheaper/easier to buy him another Dell but I'm not sure which one to get. I'll gladly build something though, if there's better bang for the buck going that way. I kinda want this computer to have a bit of longevity considering they never think to upgrade.