50 post limit??

Status
Not open for further replies.

eof

Weaksauce
I've been coming to this forum regularly for years every time I'm buying a new rig, but I've never had a reason to ask questions, hence post.

I'm trying to sell my rig, so I registered and now I need 50 posts in order to post something to the FS/T subforum. This is beyond annoying, since it takes forever to write that many posts with actual useful content. Of course, I could start writing chatty comments to threads by posting stuff with no content (which unfortunately is quite common here...).

Sounds like you may be displeased with the way things work here. Good luck with that.

I've been coming to this forum regularly for years every time I'm buying a new rig, but I've never had a reason to ask questions, hence post.

I'm trying to sell my rig, so I registered and now I need 50 posts in order to post something to the FS/T subforum. This is beyond annoying, since it takes forever to write that many posts with actual useful content. Of course, I could start writing chatty comments to threads by posting stuff with no content (which unfortunately is quite common here...).

I'm in something of the same boat, aside from being registered for nearly a decade. I just rarely post. I still favor my inability to post, alongside anyone else that hasn't made 50 posts, as a reasonable measure against scamming.

Hang out, get to know people, and you'll eventually get there.

I'm in something of the same boat, aside from being registered for nearly a decade. I just rarely post. I still favor my inability to post, alongside anyone else that hasn't made 50 posts, as a reasonable measure against scamming.

Hang out, get to know people, and you'll eventually get there.

I know for a while Kyle would make an exception for folks who'd been members for a while and lift the limitation You might ask if him if he's still doing it.

As for the OP, good luck. The intent of the limitation was to keep would-be scammers from having easy access to the FS/FT forums. It's not a perfect solution, but I'm sure it helps. As a word of warning though, if you start spamming forums to get your post count up, it's more than likely going to be noticed, and you might find yourself facing an inability to post anywhere on the site.

Yup, noticing this was a bit unfortunate though. I'm moving to Europe in a month and mailing a computer that is a few years old doesn't make any sense as just mailing it will cost as much as its value. Need to get my post count up then fairly quickly. :)

I'm in the same boat. I think this is my 40th post, in almost 10 years ( I didn't even register for the first years. I always thought "if it does not add to the op then why add on or why reiterate what someone had already posted a thousand time.. I'm read these forms twice a day since the near the beginning of [H] ( lot more when we had the thread for beautiful women (sexist, I know)).

Well, considering the fact that the FS section is for members to use free-of-charge, and [H] doesn't take any money from members to post their stuff, it's only fair that [H] gets something from the members, such as a certain amount of content. Plus a post count requirement helps to cut out a lot of people who are likely to be running scam sales.

It's pretty standard for the marketplace in many tech forum sites to have this post requirement. It's also quite fair if you ask me. You can post your stuff on CL.

I agree completely. If you are interested in buying something you can always PM the buy. Selling however is a different story. There is always ebay.:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back