50" Plasma TV Mount?

Joined
Jul 10, 2011
Messages
717
Hey, just wondering if anyone here uses a mount for their HDTV's that is on a stand rather than mounted on the wall?

The reason why I'm asking, is because I recently bought a 50" 3D Plasma by Panasonic, but I live in a very old house, and I can't mount it on the wall.

What I wanted to do was to get this 3DTV as a temporary monitor, then grab 3 120hz monitors for my PC. My monitors would be mounted to an XFX 3 display mount and put on my desk, with my TV mounted on the wall above the 3 monitors, so I could use the TV for all of my blu-ray, and media/theater stuff, and my 3 monitors for gaming and regular PC use.

As mentioned, unfortunately I can't mount my TV on my wall, so I'm wondering if anybody uses some sort of stand with a mount (if these even exist?) to mount their TV? How well does it work, too? I'd like to fit it behind my desk, against the wall, and have it pretty tall, because I'll have 3 monitors below it. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

If I cannot do this, I'll just be putting my TV on one side of the room and my computer on the other side, but I'd definitely prefer to have my TV mounted above my desk + 3 monitors, because... well, it's just awesome.
 
Back
Top