50% off The Witcher EE

i am really tempted to buy this. it works out to be about $26 NZ which is just a ridiculous price.

S.O.B. ! why does Steam do this to me ?

Saturday I bought Assassins Creed Directors Cut for 5 bucks.
Today I was weak and just bought Torchlight and Witcher EE....... :p

I have a sickness .....

Hi, my name is Kangg
Hi Kangg

I'm addicted to cheap, fun games on Steam, I'm powerless over them. ....... :D

Great time to be a PC gamer, but damn expensive as I also already pre ordered Dragon Age Origins CE and will be pre ordering Mass Effect 2 CE also ......sigh lol

I would buy if I had not just bought Borderlands and have Dragon Age right around the corner. :(

I'm having the worst time I've ever seen trying to download this off of Steam. 4 hours of insanely slow speeds, dead stops, freezes, crashes "server is not available right now"...complete madness.

I'm sorry I bothered.

I can't believe it. How is this supposed to be better and more convenient than me simply buying a disc again?

I'll be getting a refund and buying it on disc...you know those things that "just work?"

I've never had such bad luck with Steam before. It's a disaster.

Last edited:
bastards. I've barely started bioshock, haven't installed assassins creed, and now they do this.

--edit- Stalker:SOC is $5 too.. may as well ...

II'll be getting a refund and buying it on disc...you know those things that "just work?"

Good luck getting a refund from Steam.

Also, probably the reason Steam is so screwed right now is on top of this deal you've got a ton of people downloading Borderlands and preloading the L4D2 demo.

Also, probably the reason Steam is so screwed right now is on top of this deal you've got a ton of people downloading Borderlands and preloading the L4D2 demo.

I've seen it busy before but to the point of all the errors, and even Steam freezing where I get the Windows "Steam not responding" BS? It would really lead to all that?

I've honestly never seen the kind of train wreck I've seen with this thing the last few hours.

EDIT: Seeing complaints like mine around the Steam forums. I guess the good news there is that it isn't "my" problem. :)

Also just had a new Steam Client come through...maybe that'll fix it.

Last edited:

Steam only do refunds for pre-purchase games.

I got a refund within 1 day of asking (impressed). The game was Borderlands on Steam release on Friday but available earlier in some stores where I live

Last edited:
this game was #*($#(*ing awesome, the story was soooooooooooooooo great - it was like watching a movie every second i played this game. there are also a ton of mods and some mods that give you extra things to do when you are done with the game (the mods are new adventures and such). there are quite a few extra mods for this game

also the trainer where you can change your xp and stats and that gets pretty fun as well hahaha. it looks like the books they loosely based this off were all very good as well

anyway, tldr, this game is amazing especially for the story

I'm having the worst time I've ever seen trying to download this off of Steam. 4 hours of insanely slow speeds, dead stops, freezes, crashes "server is not available right now"...complete madness.

I'm sorry I bothered.

I can't believe it. How is this supposed to be better and more convenient than me simply buying a disc again?

I'll be getting a refund and buying it on disc...you know those things that "just work?"

I've never had such bad luck with Steam before. It's a disaster.

Check your download location. Go to settings -> Downloads.

I download my steam games at work on my laptop and back it up to my external. Hook it up to my desktop at home when I get off and it's installed within a few minutes.

Work speed = 6 mb/s from steam... a 10 gb game is finished in less than 30 minutes.

I could never get into this game. Just didn't jump out to me as a good game.

That's too bad man.

Personally I think it's the best WRPG to be released in quite some time.

Can't wait to see how Dragon Age stacks up though :).

The controls can be a real PITA to learn/like. Took me a solid week to get used to them. Great graphics, awesome storyline.

The controls can be a real PITA to learn/like. Took me a solid week to get used to them. Great graphics, awesome storyline.

So far it took me about 10 minutes to get the hang of it and I love this game. I can't believe I only paid $20 for it. Now I finally understand what people were talking about.

Awesome!

So far it took me about 10 minutes to get the hang of it and I love this game. I can't believe I only paid $20 for it. Now I finally understand what people were talking about.

Awesome!

Cool, glad you are enjoying the game at a great price.

The game really takes off once out of ACT I. Superb story and loved the use of talents and alchemy (Tawny Owl, Blizzard and Swallow are the most useful potions to make) I think I described the game as epic way back when.

I'm so eager for the sequel it's untrue.

dammit. buying it.

steam games ive bought but havent played . . .
Bioshock: ( my comp cant play it )
Fallout 3: ( my comp cant play it )
Street Fighter 4: ( my comp cant play it )
Unreal Tournament 3: ( my comp cant play it )
Team Fortress 2
Garry's Mod.

but this is actually one ive been wanting.

Back