• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

5 or 6 fan controlling device?

tm-

n00b
Joined
Aug 19, 2004
Messages
27
I've been looking for a fan controller that has the capability of monitoring and or controlling the fan speed of 5+ fans. I have 5 case fans and a cpu fan, and would like to be able to at least control the case fans. I searched newegg and xoxide and only found ones that could support up to 4. Have any of you seen one that supports 5+ ? Thanks in advance :D
 
The Zalman one supports 6 IIRC.

But you can always take a normal 4 channel controller and run multiple fans off a single channel. My Sunbeam Rheobus has 4 channels and I'm running 6 fans on it. :)
 
I just did a system for a buddy with a Tt "HardCano" but it only has four channels. What we did was to put the two blowhole fans on one channel (only hooked up one tach wire), so he actually has five fans on the Tt. Don't know if this is an option for you, but it did work well for my buddy.

FWIW - B.B.S.
 
Make your own. I suggest visiting http://www.bit-tech.net/ and using their guide to making a fan controller. I have made two 4 channel ones using their instructins. Works great.
Of course now days the fan controllers are almost as cheap as buying the components to make one. Just providing another option to think about.
 
I've taken a sunbeam rheobus and jsut double-up'd on the fans and it worked fine since they supply enough volts.
 
why dont u just buy more than 1 fan controller. I have 3 controller, supporting 12 fans, not including my lcd which controlls fans as well. :)
 
Back
Top