I'd like to put in a 5 or 5.1 speaker system.
I rearranged my homeoffice a short while back, but the more I'm in the room the more I hated the way things were. What I'm doing now is putting a smaller desk in an L-shape in the middle of the room. I've done this not just for organisation of storage along the walls, but so that I can put the Wilson Benesch Arc speakers on the far right wall with speaker stands so that I'll be facing them when I'm sitting at the homeoffice/audio PC, and then I can put the left/right/centre speakers of the new 5.1 set-up on the front wall, and the rears on the rear wall which means that I'll be in the correct orientation for the 5.1 speakers when at my gaming PC. The distance between the front and rear walls to my head is approx 7ft.
I'm getting rid of a lot of the audio routing gear I had in the room so I'll be starting from scratch as far as a gaming 5.1 speaker set-up is concerned. The speakers will be going solely into an X-Fi Elite Pro. In terms of size, I'd like each speaker to be no more than 1 foot cubed maximum since they'll be going up on the walls and I don't want huge things hanging around overhead. Talking about walls, a wall mount option would be highly desirable. If they're available in cream to match the walls and further disappear, all the better. The ability to switch somehow between the Medusa 5.1 headphones and the speakers would be ideal.
Since I have the Arcs for music and that is where music will stay, the 5.1 set-up is solely for gaming. As such I'd like to keep the costs low but not bargain basement low... let's say $1500 max for the entire set-up. Recommendations for a complete 5 or 5.1 system based on the above information please. If you need more info to make the recommendations, just post.
I rearranged my homeoffice a short while back, but the more I'm in the room the more I hated the way things were. What I'm doing now is putting a smaller desk in an L-shape in the middle of the room. I've done this not just for organisation of storage along the walls, but so that I can put the Wilson Benesch Arc speakers on the far right wall with speaker stands so that I'll be facing them when I'm sitting at the homeoffice/audio PC, and then I can put the left/right/centre speakers of the new 5.1 set-up on the front wall, and the rears on the rear wall which means that I'll be in the correct orientation for the 5.1 speakers when at my gaming PC. The distance between the front and rear walls to my head is approx 7ft.
I'm getting rid of a lot of the audio routing gear I had in the room so I'll be starting from scratch as far as a gaming 5.1 speaker set-up is concerned. The speakers will be going solely into an X-Fi Elite Pro. In terms of size, I'd like each speaker to be no more than 1 foot cubed maximum since they'll be going up on the walls and I don't want huge things hanging around overhead. Talking about walls, a wall mount option would be highly desirable. If they're available in cream to match the walls and further disappear, all the better. The ability to switch somehow between the Medusa 5.1 headphones and the speakers would be ideal.
Since I have the Arcs for music and that is where music will stay, the 5.1 set-up is solely for gaming. As such I'd like to keep the costs low but not bargain basement low... let's say $1500 max for the entire set-up. Recommendations for a complete 5 or 5.1 system based on the above information please. If you need more info to make the recommendations, just post.