5 GHz FX-9590

Beowulf

Limp Gawd
So, anybody plan on trying this out? Hah, it sounds like its going to run at 220W. That is a massive amount of heat to get rid of. Any thoughts?

AMD says it's going to be OEM only for now. If it does hit retail, it'll come down to what the retail prices are.

It seems like a huge amount of heat to have to deal with, but most high end video cards already operate close to that. And pushing recent AMD cpus to extremes can easily exceed that already. It's disappointing it's not a lower tdp chip, but it's not going to be glowing like the sun either.

What voltage do these babies run at? That can make all the difference in heat output.

It seems like a huge amount of heat to have to deal with, but most high end video cards already operate close to that. And pushing recent AMD cpus to extremes can easily exceed that already. It's disappointing it's not a lower tdp chip, but it's not going to be glowing like the sun either.

I'm running an 8350 ATM and when it's OC"d into the low 5's i'm over 1.6V so already dealing with the high TDP. It's such a common mistake I see with these FX in general, people buy the chip with a mediocre board and have nothing but heartache after. I have no doubt that My Sabretooth would handle the chip and would consider getting one but theres no way I'm paying over $300 for "special" piledriver. Same s**t different box.

So, anybody plan on trying this out? Hah, it sounds like its going to run at 220W. That is a massive amount of heat to get rid of. Any thoughts?

No, but how about you? Tell us all about your future endeavors blasting money into space.

Back