5.25" drive bay enclosures

Kerri Ann

Limp Gawd
i need some project boxes that will fit into 5.25" drive bays. anyone know where i can buy these?

If you can't make your own, fry's has a decent selection of project boxes.......plastic, metal, etc.

yeah, but are they over priced like most of that type of stuff? one single LED at fry's costs like 5 or 6 bucks.

i probably could make my own.... i just don't know what materials to start with. i have the tools. but i want them to look nice- professional like.

i have craploads of scrap lexan... (similar to plexi, but better). i'm thinking lexan/plexi may not be suitable for what i want to do with it though.
i will be using it to hold a character lcd, 10-20 LEDs, and inside the enclosure will be the printed circuit boards i made for the lcd and leds.... another words it may be pretty ugly inside... :p i guess i could make it look all pretty and flashy inside, that would detract from what i want to be the focal points though.....
hmmmm.....

plus- you make it sound so simple... i swear i can't make a damned even looking rectangle for nothin...

if your planning on using up 2-3 bays Id consider using the shell from an old PSU, give or take it should suit you size wise as long as you know how to use a dremel or similair tool.

and if its just one well then just grab an old optical drive, or take a long walk on garbage day I've found some not so old hardware that still worked quite well on more than one occasion.

Back