5.25" bay computer

Marduk

Gawd
Joined
Jun 22, 2005
Messages
882
Anyone know where I can find one of the SFF systems that fit in a 5.25" bay?
 
haha yea dude, u musta dreamed that up, nothing like that exists.....do you mean a watercooling kit, cuz they have those that size
 
they do exist besides the mini mac... i remember an episode of the screen savers that put on in a mac to make a dual computer thing.... looking for the linkage....
 
You would need to use a nano-ITX board.

I know that VIA has some decent ones on the way and some that may already be out.

EDIT: Nano-ITX measures 4.7x4.7 inches which should give you plenty of room to build an enclosure for the bay, and I would build your own.
 
that may be what I'd have to do.

the Little PCs link looks like what I saw years ago...but I could have sworn they set them up to be mountable in a 5.25" bay.

I'd use it for mundane tasks (downloading, AV server, etc)...so I don't need that much power...

I'll look into a nano-ITX though..
 
they will fit in the bay... but i think that you have to find your own way of mounting it, (doulbe sided tape?)... i would personaly love to have one for random stuff
 
bostesseger69 said:
haha yea dude, u musta dreamed that up, nothing like that exists.....
www.mini-itx.com

and ebay "SBC" or "Single board computer".

Also, Aopen is selling a little tiny thing now, not sure how big it is.
 
bob said:
www.mini-itx.com

and ebay "SBC" or "Single board computer".

Also, Aopen is selling a little tiny thing now, not sure how big it is.

I still say don't ditch quality...

Just wait for VIA's nano-ITX boards.

They are not too far off and are the actual size you need without cutting corners.
 
Nano-ITX still isn't out yet?

When are the C7's suppose to come out?

Any chance of a Nano board with a C7 processor, anytime soon?
 
Back
Top