5.1 vs headphone mode

Eagle156

2[H]4U
Joined
Jan 21, 2006
Messages
2,242
Should I use the 5.1 mode in Windows audio setup or headphones while having the the Creative panel set to headphones with CMSS3d? I can't tell a difference any way (in games). It makes sense to set it to 5.1 so that the CMSS on my Audigy 2ZS can downscale it to my headphones, but I can't hear a difference.
 
Should I use the 5.1 mode in Windows audio setup or headphones while having the the Creative panel set to headphones with CMSS3d? I can't tell a difference any way (in games). It makes sense to set it to 5.1 so that the CMSS on my Audigy 2ZS can downscale it to my headphones, but I can't hear a difference.

Set your Sound Card to Heaphones and then enable CMSS 3D. Enable both the Elevation and MacroFX Filters. Then set you game/s to Hardware or X-Fi and 5.1, NOT heaphones or Stereo-2Ch.
 
Should I use the 5.1 mode in Windows audio setup or headphones while having the the Creative panel set to headphones with CMSS3d? I can't tell a difference any way (in games). It makes sense to set it to 5.1 so that the CMSS on my Audigy 2ZS can downscale it to my headphones, but I can't hear a difference.

Yes, you can use the 5.1 speaker set up in the Windows Audio settings even though using headphones. The reason you don't notice a difference is that your selection (headhones + CMSS) in the Creative Audio Console will be controling.
 
Back
Top