• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

5.1 Surround setup correct?

Molingrad

Gawd
Joined
Aug 28, 2004
Messages
706
I just recently bought a sony 30" crt widescreen tv and a new yamaha reciever with 5.1 speakers.

i set up the speakers the way they should be with the center mounted on top the tv and the right and left front speakers on the wall.

The problem is (if it is a problem) is that because the crt by placing the center channel speaker on top of it it moves the center channel speaker about 2 1/2 feet away from the wall and 2 1/2 forward from the right and left speakers which are wall mounted. Is this a problem?, should I buy stands to move the R/L speakers up or is it fine?

set up diagram below

R--------L

****TV w/ center channel
 
Yea, I have the same thing with my z-5300s. The center chanel is like 2 feet away from the front left and right channels. Doenst really make THAT much of a difference. Or I don't know, maybe I'm just used to it.

I say try both setups and see what you like more.
 
I believe some receivers have options to adjust the volume/distance for any individual channel. Did you try checking that?
 
Back
Top