• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

5.1 Speaker Selection

Joined
Jul 6, 2009
Messages
44
Hey everyone - I need some help.

I am looking for a new 5.1 surround sound speaker system for my computer, and need some advice.

I am looking for the following in a speaker system:
  • 5.1
  • hookups via regular speakers wire (room is already pre-wired)
  • doesn't have to have incredible volume or bass (apartment living)
  • hopefully under $200

Thanks for all the help,

~AB
 
How about Altec Lansing FX 5051s

Altec_FX5051.jpg


http://store.roofusexpress.com/Items/item.aspx?itemid=2369975
 
OK - there are tons of 5.1 speaker sets out there that meet my requirements, but they use 3.5mm audio cables to connect everything up.

My computer room is already prewired for 5.1 using regular speaker cable. Is it possible to splice in speaker wire into 3.5mm audio cable?
 
Back
Top