• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

5.1 Sound from notebook PC?

98 SNAKE EATER

Weaksauce
Joined
May 1, 2003
Messages
111
Not sure if this belongs here or in the mobile computing forum, so mods please move if you feel necessary....


Anyhoo, I have a Toshiba P25-S676 desktop replacement notebook....


It supposedly has a 5.1 sound card already installed, but it only has a headphone jack output :confused:


How do I connect my 5.1 system?






Rick
 
did it come with any adapters or anything? maybe there's a dongle you have to use somewhere.

 
Didn't come with any adaptors and the stupid guide doest say jack $h!t about connecting to 5.1 :eek:


I did a search and someone posted in a review that in order to take advantage of the 5.1 system, I need to pickup a Toslink adaptor, but I've never even seen a Toslink nor do I have any units that use Toslink cables :confused:





Rick
 
98 SNAKE EATER said:
Didn't come with any adaptors and the stupid guide doest say jack $h!t about connecting to 5.1 :eek:


I did a search and someone posted in a review that in order to take advantage of the 5.1 system, I need to pickup a Toslink adaptor, but I've never even seen a Toslink nor do I have any units that use Toslink cables :confused:





Rick
Weird. I would contact toshiba and see if they can help you out. Might just be a few bucks to get it working.....they might just send you the part for free if it was advertised to have 5.1 sound they way it is. Good luck!

 
Back
Top