5.1 setup for gaming? Please recommend.

Tych-0

Gawd
Hi, I'm looking to upgrade my computer speakers. Currently have a Logitech X-350 5.1setup. They are still holding out well, after years of use, but I want something better. I listened to the Bose C5 at Best Buy the other day and they sounded great, but then I discovered they were only 2.1.

Could I please have some recommendations for a PC sound setup?

Thanks!

4 Totem Dreamcatcher Bookshelf speakers, 1 Totem Dreamcatcher CC and I think Newegg is having a special on the Pioneer VSX-521-K. Or just get two Dreamcatchers and a stereo receiver. That should show you what audio is supposed to sound like. Jebus, Bose... mutters to myself as I walk back under my bridge

Those look nice, but I was thinking something a little less expensive, and more compact. Any other ideas?

The Totems can be found pretty cheap at dealers but, if you want something cheap and online: 5 Mirage OMD5s and a HSU Research VTF-1 Subwoofer. Also HSU sells their Enthusiast 1 Package. You can also check to see if you have a Paradigm Dealer in your area and check out their minis (well under $1000 for a full set). If you are on a real tight budget, look at Pioneer's SP-BS21-LR + SP-C21 combo, they are getting a lot of buzz on the internet as very good sounding speakers and they are crazy cheap, but larger and uglier than the above systems.

Back