5.1 Set-up Help Plz

Darkatom

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jun 2, 2006
Messages
1,185
I already have a thread on this but would like to get some some straightend out quick as the other thread might be overlooked.

Well I just got my z-5500s today and have them all hooked up. I also purchased a digital coaxial cable in order to enable the DD 5.1 . Now im just confused as to were on the x-fi I plug the coaxial in and do I need to set anything on the speaker control pod. Im also confused as to wether my dvd program (WinDVD 7 Platnium) takes care of all of this. While, writing this I plugged the other end of the coaxial into the last free port on the x-fi thats not being taken up by the analog connections, but when I switch the input to coaxial on the control pod it says there is "no digital data". The cable doesnt look like it fits on the card.

Anyone have any ideas on whats wrong and could someone post a link on a coaxial or optical cable thats required maybe I bought a wrong one :confused: .
 
I tried that Radio Shack gold 1/8" mono connection, and failed to get a signal with my coax RCA cable.
Darkatom: please let me know if it works for you :confused:
 
rblews said:
I tried that Radio Shack gold 1/8" mono connection, and failed to get a signal with my coax RCA cable.
Darkatom: please let me know if it works for you :confused:

I am using the first one i linked and it works for me. Did you turn on digital output through the speaker settings?
 
rblews said:
I tried that Radio Shack gold 1/8" mono connection, and failed to get a signal with my coax RCA cable.
Darkatom: please let me know if it works for you :confused:


Well I bought the gold series connector this morning and I am happy to report that it worked wtih no problems. The control pod read DTS on the effect line while testing a movie. Let me know if you have any uestions.
 
Thanks for the info. I had returned the one I purchased, but now I'm going to buy and try it again :)
 
Back
Top