5.1 pc speakers switcher?

Joined
Jul 22, 2007
Messages
39
Is there such a thing? Could I make one myself? Im trying to get something that will switch my 5.1 speakers connected with Orange/green/black between my pc and ps3(with converter). Please help, I've been googling but all I've found is switchers that cost like 800$ and diy guides that I dont understand at all.
 
Could you maybe run optical from your PS3 to your computer? May need a sound card with optical in, not sure what you have now.
 
So you are okay with just 2-channel with PS3? Seeing as the only analog option is 2-channel RCA...
 
uhh, i dont have an optical sound card. And I dunno, I've run RCA before and got 5.1 surround. It wasn't the best quality but it worked
 
new idea! If I got a sound card that had optical input, could it output the ps3 optical input through the 3 minijack speakers?
 
erm... I was thinking something a little cheaper.... im not an audiophile and I'm using logitech x 540s
 
Back
Top