Obviously this is for games but when I listen to music I still want to hear quality sound in 2.1. If I had to split it up on levels of importance music slightly edges out gaming. I listen mostly to rap, afrobeat, and a little bit of house. It seems you yield the best result pairing things together at this price point compared to purchasing a complete system. What I was originally doing was looking at 2.0 systems and thinking to buy two sets, a sub but then I wasn't sure on a center or even what to look for in general to make sure things the fidelity is balanced("alright" front and rears with a not so good center etc). I was looking a lot at Swan ( two sets of D1080MkII, Darton sub and wasn't sure what center to go with). But then I read a review and they didn't seem quite like something I'd want, M-Audio Studiophile AV 40 seem quite nice though(compact too). For this price range though I think I have to accept I cant get the best of the best.
How true is this?
How true is this?
If adding a powered subwoofer down the line is your plan, I suggest not looking at active monitors. There just isn't any "right" way to hook one up.
Last edited: