• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

5.1. or 2.1 Klipsch?

Igg

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Oct 4, 2002
Messages
1,337
My room is fairly small and I don't think it would be possible to position the 5.1 klipsch setup correctly


Outside of surround sound, how does the 2.1 promedia compare to the 5.1? I dont really care about the control console since i'll be powering the entire setup with my HT receiver.
 
i would get the 5.1s you might regret it later on if you find out you have enough room for them. besides, im getting the 5.1s soon :p
 
if you're asking if there will be a difference in the quality of output from a 2.1 satellite compared to a 5.1 satellite, the answer is no

I think the 5.1 and 2.1 promedia use the same satellite and the 5.1 ultras used a newer satellite, but most of the changes were merely cosmetic
 
If you have a reciever, then you should get standard passive speakers.

DAYTON SHIELDED BR-1 2-WAY MONITOR KIT PAIR Price:$149.80 PR
http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/pshowdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=300-642

DAYTON 10" 100 WATT POWERED SUBWOOFER Price:$124.88 EA
http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/pshowdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=300-632

SUBWOOFER CABLE 13' Price: $4.86 EA
http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/pshowdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=189-300

14 GA RED/BLK ZIP CORD 1' Price: $0.25 FT (minimum 10' order)
http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=100-060

SOLUTIONS 3.5mm STEREO PLUG TO 2 RCA PLUGS 3' Price: $2.77
http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/pshowdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=249-084&scqty=3

UPS GroundTrac $13.32

I feel confident that that this $300 rig will beat the pants off the Klipsch PM 2.1. Since you are consisdering the ~$300 5.1 system, then this will be in your budget.
 
The 5.1's have a better sub, but I don't know why you want to run these speakers off your reciever :confused: :confused: :confused:
 
I think I’d have to recommend separate speakers. The Klipsch computer units don’t lend themselves too well to being powered by a receiver.

Just a thought
 
GodsMadClown said:
If you have a reciever, then you should get standard passive speakers.

DAYTON SHIELDED BR-1 2-WAY MONITOR KIT PAIR Price:$149.80 PR
http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/pshowdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=300-642

DAYTON 10" 100 WATT POWERED SUBWOOFER Price:$124.88 EA
http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/pshowdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=300-632

SUBWOOFER CABLE 13' Price: $4.86 EA
http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/pshowdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=189-300

14 GA RED/BLK ZIP CORD 1' Price: $0.25 FT (minimum 10' order)
http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=100-060

SOLUTIONS 3.5mm STEREO PLUG TO 2 RCA PLUGS 3' Price: $2.77
http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/pshowdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=249-084&scqty=3

UPS GroundTrac $13.32

I feel confident that that this $300 rig will beat the pants off the Klipsch PM 2.1. Since you are consisdering the ~$300 5.1 system, then this will be in your budget.

Thank you for taking the time to post these links, i will give them serious thoughts.

The reason I am running off of my receiver is because I have my xbox and everything else going into it too.

Poor's man hometheater kind of thing, and since I watch a lot of videos and listen to a lot of music off of my xbox too I figure this would be the best way to go.

Hm, tough choices.
 
$249.00
each
Sale!

Rocket Tykes 5.1 Home Theater B-Stock

Introducing the smallest member of the Rocket family. Featuring solid extruded aluminum enclosures, available in 2 premium finishes, Rocket tykes are the perfect addition to any room where cheap plastic alternatives just won't do.

Solid aluminum enclosures • 2-way satellites • 2-way, 3-driver dedicated center channel • Powered 8" ported subwoofer • Included aluminum wall-mount brackets • 2.5" woofer • 0.75" Silk-dome tweeter

http://www.av123.com/products_product.php?section=stock&product=38.1
 
GodsMadClown said:
If you have a reciever, then you should get standard passive speakers.

DAYTON SHIELDED BR-1 2-WAY MONITOR KIT PAIR Price:$149.80 PR
http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/pshowdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=300-642

DAYTON 10" 100 WATT POWERED SUBWOOFER Price:$124.88 EA
http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/pshowdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=300-632

SUBWOOFER CABLE 13' Price: $4.86 EA
http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/pshowdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=189-300

14 GA RED/BLK ZIP CORD 1' Price: $0.25 FT (minimum 10' order)
http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=100-060

SOLUTIONS 3.5mm STEREO PLUG TO 2 RCA PLUGS 3' Price: $2.77
http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/pshowdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=249-084&scqty=3

UPS GroundTrac $13.32

I feel confident that that this $300 rig will beat the pants off the Klipsch PM 2.1. Since you are consisdering the ~$300 5.1 system, then this will be in your budget.

Thank you for posting those, thats a setup that I'll consider when I upgrade. Have you built the speakers/sub? IF so, about how long does it take?

Thanks for the help!

-fool
 
ycchan said:
Or maybe get Klipsch 4.2s? ;)
I have heard of many people doing this... they say it is great!

I mean two subs, four sats, and almost the same quality for less than the ultras? I would highley consider this... :)
 
Back
Top