• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

5.1 on an AC97

ManCannon

2[H]4U
Joined
Aug 9, 2004
Messages
2,451
Sorry for the extremely noobish question, but I've never dealt with 5.1 before. I just got my Logitech Z-5300e's and I was wondering how to set them up for 5.1. I thought AC97 was 5.1 enabled, but in my logitech instructions it tells me to plug in all three plugs, but on the back only one plug is color coded with them, the green one "in". The other two are "out" and "mic". How am I supposed to do this, or am I SOL and the AC97 won't work with my speakers or something? It's no big deal if they won't, I should have a new computer with an Audigy by next week, but I was kind of hoping for some surround sound in the meantime. Thanks for any help.
 
Eh, nevermind, my Audigy came a bit ago and I just decided to install it in this puppy for the time being. Doom 3 sounds sweet :). Now to try UT2004 and HL2.
 
Back
Top