5.1 Headset

no dont get them the headset has no rear bass, and Razer take ages on there drivers. Buy a a XFI/ Auzentech XFI Predule and a pair of audiophile headphones and use CMSS3D Headphone mode.

Which would do a better job then those headsets, I had them the low bass in the rear made them not work that well. The sound Card is ok if you used XP but it isnt ok if you used vista.

I would recommand you grab a XFI/ or a Auzentech Predule , there doing preorders for the predule on auzentech site. and for headphones. I recommmand a pair of these

http://www.amazon.com/Audio-technic...8?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1192858351&sr=8-1 Audio-Technica ATH-AD700

I have them and love them, the Razer HP doesnt stand a chance. I hate to say this even tho i did enjoy them when I had them, But the Razers HP1's are POS when compared to the ATH-AD700 and its no where near them in soundstage and quailty.

Last month I would had said go for it but this month its another story.
 
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Those aren't new :eek:


if you want a 5.1 headset, get the Turtle Beach HPA2. I've got them, and they're very nice.

Thx but no thx.....I've heard horror stories about these and don't want to be one of the people having to constantly RMAing parts the whole time.

On the other hand, I have had my pair of EXSound Shark 5.1 Headsets for a while now and they've done pretty well so far but the bass keeps giving out now like the subs in them are blown out, too much FPS if you ask me. So I'm looking to get the next best thing.

Oh, thx Admiral, those look like they should do nicely for what my needs are, only down side is there isn't a built in mic, but then I guess I could mount a mic on my lcd.
 
You can buy a mic and clip it on the cord of the headphones , you can buy the Zalman mics alnoe that they used for their headphones. I know crazy pc sells the mics for like 7 dollars.
 
Whatever you do, do not buy this pos product by this pos company.
I had two of them and while I was satisfied with the overall performance for a 5.1 headset, they are build like shit. Both headsets had the exact same problem and Razer just refused to reply. Broken broken broken pos set. Stay away from them.
 
agrees- had the razers for a day and the mic started falling out! plus the sound is pretty bad- no bass in frt or rear- only sideways sound sources- stay far away!

for the same price get an x-fi extremegamer 60.00 at newegg now- and some sennheisers like the hd485. also a clip on mic. ur ears will thank u

5.1 headphones are novelty items- i have some kinyo 5.1 w/vibration feedback and i break them out for games sometimes
 
Thx but no thx.....I've heard horror stories about these and don't want to be one of the people having to constantly RMAing parts the whole time.

On the other hand, I have had my pair of EXSound Shark 5.1 Headsets for a while now and they've done pretty well so far but the bass keeps giving out now like the subs in them are blown out, too much FPS if you ask me. So I'm looking to get the next best thing.

Oh, thx Admiral, those look like they should do nicely for what my needs are, only down side is there isn't a built in mic, but then I guess I could mount a mic on my lcd.

huh, that's funny... I've had these since June and have yet to have a problem with them... they've also taken some abuse.
 
huh, that's funny... I've had these since June and have yet to have a problem with them... they've also taken some abuse.

Yea the razers when I had them lasted along time too. even after them falling on the hard floor muiti times. bought them back in nov of last year.

during my time using them people said it broke easy.I was thinking "if it break that easy how come mine didnt break" . The floor in my room is very hard.
 
Back
Top