5.1 Audigy sound problem

mikebrown

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Dec 19, 2005
Messages
1,079
So I bought my girlfriend and her sister some cheap sound blaster audigy se sound cards for their 5.1 Logitech Z550 (I think 550) speakers. Well, when I run the test in the software, it confirms that ALL 5 speakers work. However, when playing a song in iTunes or Windows Media Player, it only plays music through the front left and front right channels. Is there a setting I missed? I can't find ANY settings to make it play on all 5 of the channels instead of just the front 2.

If anyone can help, it would be GREATLY appreciated.
Thank you all.

Mike Brown
email - mbrown23@daltonstate.edu
aim - mikelbrown21
 
Mp3's are only 2 channels, play a dvd or something with 5 channels on it you'll hear it through all 5 speakers. Depending on your music player you can have it just copy the L+R to the rears and mix in the center. There's a CMSS or something thing you should switch on in your audio settings also. Just google it you should find it.
 
So I know this thread is OLD, but I've been putting it off and what not, so now I'm back to working on this. I've seen no CMSS settings in the audio settings, and theres no setting like that on her speakers. Where about would I find such a setting?

Anyone?
 
Back
Top