4x512 wont post

air2k5

[H]ard|Gawd
i got 1 more gb of smae ram, its corsair XMS all doublesided. when i put all 4 in system wont post, i tired flashing bios, clearing CMOS, nothing. i checked them all individually, every stick works fine, how can i fix it?

Did you try each channel? Each slot?

I have heard of a few RAM slots that actually cause the crashing.

Are your DIMMs 8-chip or 16-chip?

I'm not familiar with your MSI board, however, since the memory controller is on the Athlon64, your problem may be similar to mine (if your DIMMs are 16-chip):

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=929377

I don't have the answer (yet), but if I can find more people with the same problem, we might be able to figure it out together.

And changed 2T to 1T? Thats what gave me a problem. I had it set to auto, assuming it would auto change it from 1T to 2T, but it didnt. Had to take out two sticks, and set it manually. DFI nF4-D here, 4x512 Mushkin PC4000 Redline.

hmm, let me try that, so take two stciks out, restart load everything, turn off, change to 2T

wait, so you set 2T with 2 sticks in, save and reboot.. then went to 4 sticks after that?

have you tried raising the timings a bit?

well i got it to work, i am srry guys im the biggest memory noob, plz help me with this, i have 2gb of corsair xms right now, i only can get it to work at 2T, what abput following settings:
RAS to CAS delay:
min ras active time:
Row percentage time:
what should i set them to? my ram is very nice, i just want great performance. thx

CAS - 2.5
TRP - 3
TRAS - 8
i put my voltage on 2.8

I was getting freezes in WoW and it fixed my problem. i have the same board with 4 ocz 512 sticks. I am running at 2t. I don't dare to try 1t with 4 sticks. Someone said it wont boot if I did that.

JustinSane said:
CAS - 2.5
TRP - 3
TRAS - 8
i put my voltage on 2.8

I was getting freezes in WoW and it fixed my problem. i have the same board with 4 ocz 512 sticks. I am running at 2t. I don't dare to try 1t with 4 sticks. Someone said it wont boot if I did that.
yea 1T wont boot, but CAS 2.0 is better, it runs fine on that, anyway TRAS the higher the better?

TRAS wont effect your performance. Try relaxing to those timings and that voltage and see what happends. Actually I would set the voltage to 2.7 and see if that works before trying 2.8. Im not sure how Corsair likes voltages.

Back