4x4 Pics (con't)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poncho

[H]ard|Gawd
Not sure why the last thread was closed... somebody obviously has their panties in a bunch. I figured it should be continued. It was a good discussion unless the powers that be, in all their wisdom :rolleyes:, have decided that debate isn't allowed here.

My response to the last post in the other thread:

Astrogiblet said:
You are paying for top of the line chipsets and performance. And uh.. AMD's chips are the ones that run cooler. I dont know if you've noticed that.. My fx-62 is running at 30 on air cooling right now.

Actually... this round Intel has the TDP war won. I'm building a system with dual 40watt CPUs, which will draw less power than your single FX chip. Also you have to understand that the temp numbers that people are posting CANNOT be compared to older/different CPUs since Conroe/Woodcrest/Merom/Kentsfield take their temp readings from a different location that is more accurate and will appear to be higher.

Astrogiblet said:
How is crappier memory considered "great for people who are all about e-penis's"?? Uh.. I would think the exact opposite... I would say your wrong regarding getting errors if your RAM isnt registered and ECC..

Well... considering most people don't really consider the type of memory beyond speed, ECC/non-ECC wouldn't really factor into their opinion. And I'm right about the errors, though the figures may be off a bit. The reality is that you WILL get a certain number of errors per # of writes per capacity. Now... will they be critical errors? Maybe not... but IMHO 1 error is too many when you are working on important documents/files.

Astrogiblet said:
Quad SLI is going to be great for newer games coming out, and for those that want more frames in current games. Oblivion is my example for this. And for higher resolutions, Quad SLI is almost needed. Specially based upon the number of people that have been buying 40+ inch LCD's for their computers..

Show me 1 single person running SLI 8800s that is having issues with any game at any resolution with any size monitor. Guess what.. there isn't one. Now... i know games are going to get more demanding, but then again... graphics cards are going to get better as well. Do you really think that anybody, outside of benchmark fanatics, are going to run quad cards? The only way that I can see people doing quad SLI is if they run "lower end" cards to get the performance of 2 higher end cards. Hell... you've got people complaining right now that running dual SLI they don't have enough space on the board for their other PCI cards... what do you think is going to happen with quad SLI? :rolleyes:

Astrogiblet said:
FX series chips are desktop CPU's. I'm not sure how they will related to kentsfields. Personally, I think the Kentsfields will out perform 4x4. However, 4x4 is a great improvement for those of us AMD users who are waiting for quad fathers..

My comment about the benchmarks was more to make a comment before the benchmarks come out. With server benchmakrs you will see the benefit of AMDs IMC design compared to Intels. The gains that Intel has made in server market haven't been as good because of this. Now... my point is that 4x4 is marketed towards desktop users, competing against Intel's desktop line, and to use benchmarks that are server based would be misleading. It's already and apples to oranges comparison... let's not make it an apples to steak comparison. :D

It was probably closed because of you and Donnie. Spend less time threadcrapping or stay on the intel side.

DocFaustus said:
It was probably closed because of you and Donnie. Spend less time threadcrapping or stay on the intel side.

LOL... yea, having a discussion on the merits of a platorm THAT THE THREAD IS ABOUT is reason to close the thread. :rolleyes:

visaris said:
That's an appealing idea.

LMAO... yea, but it's ok for you guys to come over to the Intel side right? :rolleyes:

And for your information I don't post in this forum too often... and usually only when a thread starts getting filled with BS will I post in it. LOL... seems to happen a lot over here though. Oh... and if we keep talking about this shit there will be reason to lock this thread, though I'd imagine that it's gonna get locked anyway. :D I guess I can just start another one. LOL

Poncho said:
Oh... and if we keep talking about this shit there will be reason to lock this thread, though I'd imagine that it's gonna get locked anyway. :D
Yes indeed: Ditto for the other thread.

Please recall the :

The [H]ard|FORUM Rules

(1) Absolutely NO FLAMING, NAME CALLING OR PERSONAL ATTACKS. Mutual respect and civilized conversation is the required norm.

(3) No THREAD HIJACKING. Start another thread if you have a different topic.

(4) No THREAD Crapping

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=760666

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back