• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

4x256 slow things down?

Joined
Aug 30, 2004
Messages
2,668
Right now I have 2x256 pc2700 and was thinking about buying another 2x256 except a friend mentioned that this might just slow down the system. Opinions?
 
it won't really slow down the system.. since it's pc2700, the memory controller should be able to take the load. i'd suggest getting 2x512mb over the additional 2x256mb, just for the future upgradability
 
I assume if he had the money he would not even think of getting, 2X256.

I say if you need it do it. It wont slow down your comp at all. 4 x 256 might not be the most future compatible but hey it will get the job done.
 
Oh yeah I am not worried about future upgradability at all. When I need it I am just going to build a new computer eventually. The one I have should last me another two or three years if I'm lucky. Thanks.
 
Back
Top