• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

4x1gb, e6600, Quad GT- Overclocking Question

Chaos_Being

Limp Gawd
Joined
Oct 26, 2005
Messages
173
Like many others I'm sure, I'm going to be building a Conroe rig once the April 22nd price drops hit. The interesting thing I've been watching though lately is the ram prices- boy have they dropped! In particular, I was linked to these Super Talent ram sticks:

http://www.ewiz.com/detail.php?name=T800UX2GC5

$104 for 2gb is insanely cheap in my opinion...which leads me to want to try using 4 sticks for 4GB of ram. However, I am still not entirely sure on how much of an effect this would have on my overclocking capability. I know past chipsets have had problems overclocking while all 4 ram slots are populated. I've seen some reports that this may not be the case any longer, but I am still unsure.

Like I said in the title, I plan on using an e6600, an Abit QuadGT, and of course, 4x1gb of ram. My overclocking goal is 3.6ghz on air (probably the Ultra-120 Extreme, as it is coming out in a matter of days and the IFX-14 seems to be due to be released in May now.)

Your opinions?
 
I dunno man, while it is insanely cheap, 4gb is a waste. Why spend $100 more for no reason? Youll have better luck ocing the memory and be able to use tigher timings with 2gb than 4gb.
 
I have 4x 512mb Crucial ballistix and no problem overclocking all 4 together..... If your goal is 3.6gs, I dont see why 4 of those rams will give you any problems.....
 
Back
Top