4P Borked!

WOLF_TEAM_LEADER

Weaksauce
Joined
Jan 13, 2012
Messages
122
I am getting 1 long beep that started a couple of mins into folding and now happens the instant I turn the machine on.
I had just added some extra fans and booted it up and it lasted about 5-10 mins.
Any ideas?
I will play with it later but just in case you can save me the hassle...
H8QGi-F, 4x 6174 stock clocks stock bios, external WCing.
Oh and I just started using onboard VGA which makes the inside of the case a lot cooler but could be causing an issue?...
Would it help to see if I can get into the OS while the poor thing is beeping away?
I'll be on irc ofc.

Many Thanks!
 
Hope they get it fixed for you bud

What GPU were you using that created a ton of heat in the case? If you need something smaller (let me know what you have first), may be able to get you something that puts out less heat

Good luck brother
 
Start looking at the memory.

Make sure it's all seated correctly.

If you have to, pull some of the sticks out of each memory bank and see if that works.
 
I figured I don't need a GPU.
I could have used one of my external exhaust cards but they have better uses.
Memory is all good by the looks of it.
 
Do a memtest. Also get the ht-reties.sh from the OC BIOS hread. The ht-retries.sh helped me greatly with my initial setup. I had some dirty contact pads and the script helped catch that.
 
If you plugged the fans in to the mb, unplug them and use a molex adapter.
 
Seems to be working fine now.
One of the fans was pushing on the board a bit so that might have annoyed something on the board.
Now it's back to folding 8101s :(
 
THE MOTHERSHIP HAS LANDED!

Mothership.jpg


My first 6904 :D
 
Seems to be working fine now.
I let out an audible sigh of relief, even though it's not my computer. Real empathy for you.

What does the big hamburger hanging over the brown city in the picture above have to do with a Supermicro? :confused:

that's all
 
Well if we keep cranking out even these ugly units we'll break EVGAs reign in just a few months!
 
Back
Top