• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

4ms flatpanel.. 19inches ;)

Hot damn!!!!! I'll wait for some reviews on it first, and wait for Samsung to release theres. I thought I was going to get a 2005FPW, but now with all these new monitors coming out, I will have to wait, and make another choice :D
 
somehow, I doubt it's a true 4ms panel - more likely, it's a image-processing feature of some sort (if u read the market-speak carefully ;) ) :D Still, sounds cool :cool:
 
zoggy said:


Everone is playing the numbers game with the grey to grey response time! Even Viewsonic says the response time is typically 5ms! even so the specs are not not quite as high as the Sync master 930b now playing at your local Best Buy store! Actually the Samsung replaces my Viewsonic CRT. My advice is to throw out the numbers and let your eyes tell you what is the best. Evething has some sort of comprise and there is always something better over the horizon. The advantages of CRT's are getting smaller every day
 
I wouldn't put too much weight in the response time.
That's a TN panel which has 6+2 bit per pixel color. A true 8 bit panel will have
much better color blending.
Also, 1280x1024 on a 19" lcd gives you a really high dot pitch which makes the screendoor effect more pronounced. You can see more space between the pixels and it can drive you nuts if you've switched from a nice CRT.
At least it only has 270nits brightness which is decent, not like the 400nits
on the VP912B which could give you a suntan.
I wouldn't trade any of those fast 19" lcd's for my Dell 2005FPW. I play Doom 3 at fairly high frame rates and I've never seen any ghosting.
If all you do is play games, then a fast 19" lcd would make sense. For an all around monitor, it's not the best choice. Now a VP201B, that's a nice monitor.
 
Cygnus_X1 said:
1280x1024 on a 19" lcd gives you a really high dot pitch which makes the screendoor effect more pronounced. You can see more space between the pixels and it can drive you nuts if you've switched from a nice CRT.
That's actually not true. You can see more space between the pixels on 19" LCD indeed but that's not what screendoor effect is. The worst case of screendoor effect I've seen was on Dell 2001FP which has a much smaller pixel pitch. Even smaller than 17" LCDs.
 
Back
Top