4k recommendations, please~

bencho

2[H]4U
Hello Everyone!

Is there a place to look at all available 4k monitors on the market right now?
I'm coming from 2560x1440 on a 27" and have concerns that things will be too small on a 28" screen. This leaves 30"-32" options...

How many displays are available that meet these specs? :

- 30"-32"
- IPS

I only play dota2, general browsing, photo editing (sRGB) and movies.

I'm located in the UK so hopefully these options don't break the bank too much :(

Thank you!

32" The best option would probably be BL3201PT.

Search for NCX's post around, he is a veteran monitor reviewer, and I find him to be particularly picky about monitors, but the review he gave BL3201PT essentially was down to the fact that it wasn't glossy, but otherwise he found no real flaws with that monitor.

The monitor has very little BLB, accurate color presets, no PWM, excellent upscaling and fairly light matte coating. It is not a wide gamut monitor and it doesn't have back-light strobing though.

Depending on how picky you are some of the Korean 4k monitors look pretty nice and they are definitely cheaper than big brands.

Check my sig for my website. I just put up the 2015 korean monitor buyers guide and it has pretty much all of the cheap korean 4k monitors listed with specs and links to eBay.

Darn so I'm down to these three options:

BL3201PT
LG31MU97
U32E850R

Anyone have particular thoughts on any of them?

I have the BL3201PT in use from several months. Its honey for the eyes & my ultimate and last monitor forever, except if they ever expand it to the 21:9 curved format :D.

I have the BL3201PT in use from several months. Its honey for the eyes & my ultimate and last monitor forever, except if they ever expand it to the 21:9 curved format :D.

Are you using it for photo editing or gaming?

Is 32" that much better size wise than 28"? I have a 28" and now wondering if I should have gone 32"?

Personally for me, 40" 4K is where it's at. Large, immersive and still looks sharp. Problem is other than the flawed Philips and maybe a mango Korean there isn't much choice unless you want to move over to high end Samsung TV's which still use PWM for brightness control.

Also how serious are you about Movies for you display use, cause alot of the PC monitors don't support 24p.

32" has a more usable DPI and I already have a 27" 1440p.

I have a 15" MBPr and I'm using it at 2880x1800 with no scaling and its a tiny bit hard to read. In Chrome I use 115% scaling and its just about perfect.

40" is too large since I'm sitting at arm's length away.

32" has a more usable DPI and I already have a 27" 1440p.

I have a 15" MBPr and I'm using it at 2880x1800 with no scaling and its a tiny bit hard to read. In Chrome I use 115% scaling and its just about perfect.

40" is too large since I'm sitting at arm's length away.

Yes 40" too close is rather large. It's all personal preference. For me for it's the perfect size. With that being said the best 32" 4K PC monitor I have laid my eyes on was the BenQ BL3201PH

Low input lag
4ms average response time
Great colors
It's utilizes DC dimming
Tons of inputs, plus usb 3.0 hub on the side
Good contrast(for an IPS panel)
Also it doesn't suffer from IPS glow.
Plus 1080p scaling looked good to me.

It is however on the pricier side for 32" 4K monitors.

Last edited:
t221 is good but is a pain to drive. Pretty slow too and at 4k its 48hz. Not sure how much dota is a game that requires fast action.

The DGP model can be gotten for around 200. The hardest part is finding the cables and/or converter boxes to get

EDIT: Disregard, I didn't see the 30-32 inches part.

Back