• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

4870x2...

wol-va-rine

2[H]4U
Joined
Jul 20, 2008
Messages
2,122
how much are they worth right now...? is it worth $150...? I'm running a 4870 and a 4850 in mixed crossfire now, how much of a difference will it be...?
 
I see them generally go for $200+ still. $250-300 is pretty common, which is still a bargain IMO.

Assuming that you are keeping your 4870 and doing triple-crossfire performance should be excellent. A single 4870x2 is already as fast as a 5870, so a 3rd GPU should make it fairly reliable faster.
 
have to wait for the wife to get home before I can shoot over to the guy, the card is installed and he's gonna demonstrate to me that it works and then take it out to sell to me, IF (big if) I can get there before anyone else, FUGGGGGGHHHHHHH, trying to get a hold of some friends right now to see if I can get a ride...

it's Saturday and so work won't interfere if anyone sees this ad, I think I'm fucked, UUUGGGGGHHHHH...

if I miss this I will have missed out on a GTX285 and a 4870x2 for $160 and $150 respectively in the past year...

:mad:
 
I bought mine on Ebay for $195 shipped and most used cards are going for $250>. $150 is a crazy good deal for one
 
I want to try the 4870x2 because even though my mixed crossfire works fine at my res (1440x900) for S.T.A.L.K.E.R. SoC it can get a bit choppy and laggy when there are 20+ players in a game and I'm recording with FRAPS (~ 25-30 FPS instead of the 40 it's set to record at)...
 
the issue youre having might have to do with your harddrive. Are you recording to the same drive as your system drive?
 
Back
Top