• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

4870X2 won't power up...

defy

Gawd
Joined
Sep 30, 2006
Messages
959
Anyone have an idea why my X2 won't power up? Did the basics of uninstalling/clearing Nvidia drivers and powered down to swap out my 9800GX2. Plugged in a 6 and 8 molex plug to the X2 directly from my power supply and it just won't power up...

Not really sure what's going on here, as I'm using the same pci-e and psu connectors which powered the 9800GX2. Any advice?
 
Anyone have an idea why my X2 won't power up? Did the basics of uninstalling/clearing Nvidia drivers and powered down to swap out my 9800GX2. Plugged in a 6 and 8 molex plug to the X2 directly from my power supply and it just won't power up...

Not really sure what's going on here, as I'm using the same pci-e and psu connectors which powered the 9800GX2. Any advice?

on the top of the card, the side with the heatsink and metal plate, look above where the 8-pin connector is. when you power up the comp, a couple of lights should appear for a few seconds about the 8-pin. So make sure those lights are going on because with out knowing some details, anything could be wrong.
 
Thanks for the replies so far.

I'm at work, so I'll try any suggestions once I get home.

Yes, I'm using the Corsair 750 which should be suitable. Since I have the power connectors to plug directly into the card, I shouldn't have to use any adapter right?

The card did not light up at all, but the fan was spinning. The monitor wasn't getting any signal, and I couldn't figure out why. I might try to plug a DVI cable directly into the card instead of using an HDMI > DVI adapter, but I doubt that's the problem.

I'll check those LED's tonight.
 
Update: I tried reseating both the power and the card with no luck. Looking at the LED's, the one by the 8-pin connector blinks red (3 lights), and then goes out.

My DFI board has a diagnostic error code of 7F, which I'm trying to look up right now.
 
I heard there are some troubles getting the 4870X2 working with DFI boards. Could you possibly try the GPU on another motherboard and see if it works?
 
What BIOS did you update to? The latest beta should support and fix this X2 issue.
 
I found a thread on the dfi boards issue. After that i updated to the latest beta bios from DFI. Still no video signal when I boot up :(

Swapping back to the GX2 and it works fine.
 
Reflashed with the beta bios again 8/21 and it booted up... making a new thread for pics :)
 
Back
Top