computer components
650 true power antec
P5W deluxe asus compatable
hd4870x2
Problem: i plug in my video card into the pcie slot and take the cords from my antec 650 and plug them into it. My computer refuse to start up. i push the start button and nothing happens?! i remove the 8 pin to see if it will start even somewhat and it does, but the screen is still blank due to the lack of power. I hear one long beep and three short beeps which means its a video card problem.
I think to myself okay ill just use more power. I grab a 700 watt power supply and plug everything in this time, even with the 8 pin in the computer turns on but still has the same problem of giving me the 1 long beep and three short?! so i try the other pcie slot still the same thing.
Now im pissed. I confirmed my motherboard works with it, my psu should in theory work with it, is my card messed up.
problems i see
1) 8 pin connector on the antec 650 is dead
2) 8 pin on the card is dead
3) maybe i do need more power
if anyone out there can help me out please i think i have a gray hair now
ps bios updated
650 true power antec
P5W deluxe asus compatable
hd4870x2
Problem: i plug in my video card into the pcie slot and take the cords from my antec 650 and plug them into it. My computer refuse to start up. i push the start button and nothing happens?! i remove the 8 pin to see if it will start even somewhat and it does, but the screen is still blank due to the lack of power. I hear one long beep and three short beeps which means its a video card problem.
I think to myself okay ill just use more power. I grab a 700 watt power supply and plug everything in this time, even with the 8 pin in the computer turns on but still has the same problem of giving me the 1 long beep and three short?! so i try the other pcie slot still the same thing.
Now im pissed. I confirmed my motherboard works with it, my psu should in theory work with it, is my card messed up.
problems i see
1) 8 pin connector on the antec 650 is dead
2) 8 pin on the card is dead
3) maybe i do need more power
if anyone out there can help me out please i think i have a gray hair now
ps bios updated