• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

4870x2 temperature senors?

exe163

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Nov 15, 2005
Messages
1,366
Hi, I am a bit confused at how to monitor 4870x2's temperatures.I use Everest to monitor, but it shows a large set of temperatures. There's temps for "Diodes" of each GPU (DispIO, MemIO, Shader), but only GPU1 has GPU, GPU Memory, GPU Ambient temperatures. What should I use as reference to how hot the second chip runs?
 
get Catalyst Control Center, the latest 9.x release, enable ADVANCED view, and hop down to the temperature/ATI Overdrive thing, click through their "overclocking will doom the universe" EULA, and you can monitor temps and fanspeed from the drivers, 100% same information that Everest is getting, except the drivers actually know what to look at to monitor

also, do you know which one GPU1 is physically? doesn't really help to know a single chip's temp, if you dont know which one you're looking at (yes, it matters)
 
Thanks for the suggestion, in fact that's what I been doing before I switched to Everest. One thing I need about Everest is the G15 LCD support that allows me to monitor temp using my keyboard LCD. In order to set the right temp on my LCD I need to figure out which one is the most important, sadly my keyboard LCD is not large enough to fit everything.
 
no, dont look at CCC, as it shows the back gpu (the hotter one) core temp ONLY

i use rivatuner, but everest i think is the same

here is me leaving my fan too low & running RE5 bench

kn-RE5temps.png
 
Back
Top