• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

4870x2 shutting me down

keithallenlaw

Limp Gawd
Joined
Oct 4, 2008
Messages
238
Greetings, I opened a game for the first time today and my
water cooled 4870x2 shows heavy flashing pixelation all
over my Dell 3007, then crashes my system. I think I have
the newest drivers installed. I used the auto tune feature
in the ATI Overdrive, GPU clock set to 790MHz and the memory
at 990 MHz. and the water has it floating at 32c at idle. I can
perform all widows task, view awesome high rez still pictures,
and watch movies but when I go to fire up a game it goes
beserkers. Anyone want a stab at this.

My current specs on a new build:

Asus Rampage Extreme / NB water cooled
Intel Q9650 @3GHz / water cooled
Saphire 4870x2 / water cooled
2x Kingston 2 gigs of 1600 Ram
2x WD 300 gig Raptors Raid 0
1x WD 1TD (back-up)
Dell 3007 30" 2650x1600
Windows Vista 64 bit Ultimate
 
Never OC using auto tune, do it yourself and find your own limit. Btw what power supply do you have?
 
OK, turned off the the ATI overdrive auto option and went back to defaults
and WOW I'm in big business now. I'm using defaults for now and will
slowly tweak it. What is a reasonable water cooled setting @30c
Thanks for the advice.

As far as 990 memo to high without artifacts statement,
I take it if I had artifacts the high memo would work?
 
Back
Top