• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

4870x2... psu power enough?

myktek

Limp Gawd
Joined
Aug 16, 2004
Messages
244
http://www.ocztechnology.com/products/power_management/ocz_500w_700w_modxstream_pro_power_supply

I bought this psu because I saw the deal on slick deals and then I realized I'm not sure it's powerful enough for a 4870x2.

I was gonna get a 4770, but that means I would upgrade my motherboard to a crossfire compatible one and get 2 of them.

Since Imma just stay with the motherboard I got now, non crossfire, would a 4870x2 work okay and is this a powerful enough psu?

AMD has a certified list with a similar one I bought.
http://ati.amd.com/products/certified/powersupplies.html#pstop
 
What are the rest of your specs? It should be enough for a 4870X2 though providing your system isn't too crazy.
 
nah, quad core q6600(not oc'd), 4gb of corsair ddr2 ram, 3 hdd's, a tuner and a burner.
 
Back
Top