hi guys im off to my exam and when im coming back im going to purchase this a rig that has been sort of hand picked for low noise.
however, i need the 4870x2's power but i worry that all the money spent on reducing noise will be wasted (unless i go water cooled eventually).
I do not mind noise during gameplay too much, but when idle it really needs to be pretty quiet (silent would be perfect). I know its a trade-off and i know noise is subjective but if you could please give me your thoughts on it when idle/normal tasks such as checking email and general use non-heavy use (and also when gaming would be useful - can you hear it through your headphones etc).
any help is much appreciated, thank you!
however, i need the 4870x2's power but i worry that all the money spent on reducing noise will be wasted (unless i go water cooled eventually).
I do not mind noise during gameplay too much, but when idle it really needs to be pretty quiet (silent would be perfect). I know its a trade-off and i know noise is subjective but if you could please give me your thoughts on it when idle/normal tasks such as checking email and general use non-heavy use (and also when gaming would be useful - can you hear it through your headphones etc).
any help is much appreciated, thank you!