4870X2 Left 4 Dead problems

Promii

Weaksauce
I'm running Left 4 Dead at 2560x1600, 4xAA and everything else on max and after each level loads I get around 30-40fps until I tab out and back in to the game, then I get 70-120fps. I have to do this on every single map load, is anyone else having a similar problem? :mad:

I'm using Cat 8.11s, the 8.10s were stuck at 30ish fps no matter what I did.

is is it possible that alt+tabbing is disabling some of the effects?

is is it possible that alt+tabbing is disabling some of the effects?

not likely L4D runs great maxed even on older cards. The 4870x2 shouldnt be hitting 30-40. My 260GTX doesnt break under 100fps @ 1680x1050 4x/8x

I am an ati beta tester and yes there is a l4d profile in the beta and there is no more low fps drop. I can't really say if a hotfix will come though sorry.

It seems to me that it must be sitting at idle clocks as well since I believe even a single 4870 should get better fps than 30-40 in L4D even at 2560x1600

When will we see profiles that we can add? That's the only thing that makes Crossfire suck compared to SLI.

when i play, I get half the floor flickering white/clear.

upside is its a free walkhack.

it's nice to have a rep from the driver beta team around! Thanks for the insight, unrealsword!

it's nice to have a rep from the driver beta team around! Thanks for the insight, unrealsword!

Why?
To give info on the latest "hotfix", because AMD's driver policy ties them on their hands and feet, leaving customers out to dry...waiting for the fix to be incoperated into their monthly releases?

The driver model(and it's updating) is one of the major issues keeping me from putting anything but NVIDIA in my rig...

Why?
To give info on the latest "hotfix", because AMD's driver policy ties them on their hands and feet, leaving customers out to dry...waiting for the fix to be incoperated into their monthly releases?

The driver model(and it's updating) is one of the major issues keeping me from putting anything but NVIDIA in my rig...

with nVidia's Market Price, which is a rip off scam..

I rather keep my case with ATI....

Where is their price a scam?
Nice "not-a-comeback"...ignore the bugs, try with a red herring :rolleyes:

came out with 650 USD price tag and drop to 350 within 2 weeks?

what happen to those people who purchase the card right when it came out?

scam? rip off? you name it...

also, how long it takes for nVidia to fix the stuttering problem during the 177 version :rolleyes:

I have nVidia card myself, bought 8800 GTX right when it came out... I am not a ATI fanboy or anything, I only purchase the card when I think it worth the buck...

If you really want to talk about nVidia, check their chipset mobo, how many people got problems and not even fix for how long? and did they fix it?

That is another reason why I am not heading for a nVidia setup this round...

wait and see what their next generation will be and pick the worthy one :p

came out with 650 USD price tag and drop to 350 within 2 weeks?

what happen to those people who purchase the card right when it came out?

scam? rip off? you name it...

Oh really :rolleyes:
http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=OTUzLDIsLGhlbnRodXNpYXN0

also, how long it takes for nVidia to fix the stuttering problem during the 177 version
When will both fix their bugs?
ATI's microstutter is a fact, just like NVIDIA's...

I have nVidia card myself, bought 8800 GTX right when it came out... I am not a ATI fanboy or anything, I only purchase the card when I think it worth the buck...
So you gave +$500(MSRP 599) and you bitch about the price of a new GPU at release? :rolleyes: *LOL*

If you really want to talk about nVidia, check their chipset mobo, how many people got problems and not even fix for how long? and did they fix it?
What the hell does that have to do with GPU's?
The only ones that makes chipset that are not bugged with bugs are Intel, known fact...don't think AMD can hold a candle to Intel here...so what was your point?

That is another reason why I am not heading for a nVidia setup this round...

The lack of working drivers are why ATI, as we speak ,have no chance in my setup.

wait and see what their next generation will be and pick the worthy one :p
Look at my sig...come next year it will be i7 + NVIDIA's refresh...oh you tried to give advice :p

So you gave +$500(MSRP 599) and you bitch about the price of a new GPU at release? :rolleyes: *LOL*

The only ones that makes chipset that are not bugged with bugs are Intel, known fact...don't think AMD can hold a candle to Intel here...so what was your point?

The lack of working drivers are why ATI, as we speak ,have no chance in my setup.

Look at my sig...come next year it will be i7 + NVIDIA's refresh...oh you tried to give advice :p

every thread I see you in, you're picking fights with people. :confused:

how does your link have anything relate to nVidia price drop within a week?
and its 200 USD drops in the first week, then another 100 USD drop with second weeks :cool:

also, when did ATI have micro-stuttering with single card :rolleyes:
Talk about Micro-stuttering, nVidia's micro-stuttering is worse than ATI in this round..

what I mean by stuttering wtih 177 version is the game gets weird stuttering with single card, it was the first few version that implement the PhysX driver, and that screw a lot people up... how long it took them to fix the problem?

How does not nVidia chipset relate to GPU? You cant ignore those people who does the SLI setup :p which I do that all the time, such as when 8800 GTX came out...

Go ahead and run your machine with your Green fantasy... I dont care how your machine is... Also I would rather wait and see how new Dragon Processor work, else I would stick with my Q9550/Q6600 for better OC until DDR3 lower its price....

To Siriusmuzik:

Well, those people who live in Green Fantasy Land never know how the world looks like, you cant really blame them for the lack of their knowledge and sense :D

how does your link have anything relate to nVidia price drop within a week?

Look at the price...no competion = high prices :rolleyes:

and its 200 USD drops in the first week, then another 100 USD drop with second weeks
And?

also, when did ATI have micro-stuttering with single card

http://www.google.dk/search?q=ati+s...&rls=org.mozilla:da:official&client=firefox-a

Google is your friend for stupid questions.

Talk about Micro-stuttering, nVidia's micro-stuttering is worse than ATI in this round.
Microstutter sucks...no matter the brand :rolleyes:

what I mean by stuttering wtih 177 version is the game gets weird stuttering with single card, it was the first few version that implement the PhysX driver, and that screw a lot people up... how long it took them to fix the problem?
As long as it takes for ATI...where is your WHQL driver that run all games bugfree? :rolleyes:

How does not nVidia chipset relate to GPU? You cant ignore those people who does the SLI setup :p which I do that all the time, such as when 8800 GTX came out...
My condolences...nobody should have to suffer an none-Intel chipset...but some choose to anyway...but that is over with the X58 :p

Go ahead and run your machine with your Green fantasy... I dont care how your machine is... Also I would rather wait and see how new Dragon Processor work, else I would stick with my Q9550/Q6600 for better OC until DDR3 lower its price....
I choose NVIDIA as GPU because the run the best(bug free) most of the time...and I can get drivers that WORK, not sitting thumb up ass waiting for a hotfix or a (months later) working driver.
I wouldn't touch their multi-GPU...or their chipsets...or AMD's

Intel CPU + Intel chipset + NVIDIA single GPU = the best choice now.

If you think I am green...you made an Epic fail...I am anti-bugs, anti-no-working-driver..that it...if AMD raises to the bar, then i will choose them, but they only made so once...when I owned a 9800Pro :rolleyes:

Oh boy I am staying out of this one. On that note I have a gtx280 in my 2nd pc :D.

I don't understand for the blatant fanboyism of a single company: you as a consumer should be encouraging the other side to come up with better stuff then yours to drive the market for lower prices and even better performance on your "favorite" side.

I agree that ati needs custom profiles for xfire and they may or may not be working on it (I can not comment) but to say nvidia is flawless with their driver releases isn't fair either: on my 8800gtx/9800gx2/gtx280 sli I had one hell of a time getting dual monitors to work.

For the longest time it was impossible to play and hae 2 monitors on and I had to use a second card to get this compatibility. Even with the new drivers that support sli out of the box but us still buggy and annoying. Atis dual monitors response to crossfire has been around for at least a year. Also the Nvlddmkm stopped responding error is still present sometimes ;)

Atech: look at nvnews nforce driver forum and you’ll see how many problems nvidia has as well ;)

I have inquired about a possible hotfix release due to the sheer amount of crossfire users and will keep you guys updated if I get reply.

I get some stuttering in some areas in Left 4 Dead and I have a HD4870. There's no perfect card for it yet. ATI is claiming Catalyst 8.12 will have a significant performance increase for the 4800 series card for this game as well as Fallout 3 (which I need to reinstall since patch was screwy).

Oh boy I am staying out of this one. On that note I have a gtx280 in my 2nd pc :D.

I don't understand for the blatant fanboyism of a single company: you as a consumer should be encouraging the other side to come up with better stuff then yours to drive the market for lower prices and even better performance on your "favorite" side.

I agree that ati needs custom profiles for xfire and they may or may not be working on it (I can not comment) but to say nvidia is flawless.........

I don't debate fallacies...try reposting without.

I get some stuttering in some areas in Left 4 Dead and I have a HD4870. There's no perfect card for it yet. ATI is claiming Catalyst 8.12 will have a significant performance increase for the 4800 series card for this game as well as Fallout 3 (which I need to reinstall since patch was screwy).

How is the wait?

I don't debate fallacies...try reposting without.
Oh please :D. Either way this is not an nvidia vs ati section of the forum but ati specific so your whole attack in a thread about help for a game is pointless. If you want to continue take it to general video.

Back