• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

4870x2 Graphical corruption after sleep state

Levrone

n00b
Joined
Sep 30, 2008
Messages
4
Getting major flashing/flickering/missing textures in certain games after resuming from sleep

Games that are ok after sleep:
- AOC
- Crysis Warhead
- Rainbow Six Vegas 2

Games that have this problem:
- Lord of the Rings Online
- Valve's Orange Box, every game


CAT 8.9 Official
Palit 4870x2
Windows Vista x64 w/SP1 (fresh install)


Only way to stop this behaviour is to restart the computer. After that works perfectly.
Anyone else getting this?
 
I've noticed something similar.

I do not know if it has anythin to do with my monitor or not but when the 4870x2 goes to sleep and wake up i notice some "waviness" even if i'm just in windows desktop.

I remedied this by switching resolution to something other than what i normally use and then switch it back, after a few min after its been asleep.

I believe this may have had something to do with me using a VGA - DVI adapter for my monitor, now that I use a straight DVI adapter it doesn't happen anymore - or at least i do not notice it.

It's pretty bizarre - I know.
 
Same thing here. Vista Ultimate 64bit. Go into CCC and disable Catalyst AI. Relaunch your game and the problem will go away. BUT you probably want Catalyst AI enabled to take advantage of what it offers.

What are your specs?
 
I've noticed something similar.

I do not know if it has anythin to do with my monitor or not but when the 4870x2 goes to sleep and wake up i notice some "waviness" even if i'm just in windows desktop.

I remedied this by switching resolution to something other than what i normally use and then switch it back, after a few min after its been asleep.

I believe this may have had something to do with me using a VGA - DVI adapter for my monitor, now that I use a straight DVI adapter it doesn't happen anymore - or at least i do not notice it.

It's pretty bizarre - I know.

good to hear it just isnt me. whenever my computers off for a while or just left there for an hour or two, pretty much no screen activity, i experience waviness at the top of the screen. This is not just in windows, but also in the bios, etc. Im also using a dvi-vga adapter and never experience this until after i updated my drivers to 8.9, but it confuses me since the drivers are only for windwos and the waviness still exists in the bios. Any know whats the problem?
 
Back
Top