• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

4870x2: Corrupt Screen - Post / Bios

Grimspoon

Limp Gawd
Joined
Nov 19, 2006
Messages
433
Here's what I'm seeing

When I enter bios everything looks good:

1.jpg


However, after a few minutes in bios this happens:

2.jpg


3.jpg


I'm not sure if this is a video card issue or not. I posted in general hardware, but I'm concerned that this may be video card related - I'm not sure.

- I first noticed this last night, my computer crashed while playing L4D. I OC (3.8GHz) so I immediately reset bios to default after crash. The screenshots above is what I saw immediately after the crash. I have no odd corruption once I'm in Windows.

- The day before last, while playing L4D, my video card's MemIO sensor reported ~145C temp, and auto fan kicked in to compensate. No crash though.

- I'm using a modded bios for my motherboard.
 
Last edited:
Looks more like a corrupt bios. Those look like legit letters not artifacting. Not sure I would mention why you are running a modified bios.
 
I think I'm going to try flashing the official bios. Thanks for the input.
 
I think I'm going to try flashing the official bios. Thanks for the input.

No problem.. that being a gigabyte board you might be able to go into the dual bios and load from the backup bios to see if it does it? Unless you modified it as well.
 
I just loaded up the latest bios from the Gigabyte website, F8d.

I actually saw corruption about 3/4 of the way through the bios flash process, but the process did complete successfully.

After that I cleared CMOS and the reset defaults - as I was resetting my preferences I saw the corruption again.

As it stands I'm at a loss. I'm wide open for suggestions.
 
I have seen that happen before... "Wet Supervisor password" haha :p

I'm wanting to say it was a video card issue, but it's been a while so I cant' remember exactly.
 
Back
Top