• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

4870x2 black out problem

exe163

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Nov 15, 2005
Messages
1,366
I only have my 4870x2 for a week or two. I have some problem with the video suddenly black out for 1 second and resume back to normal during game and time even during desktop. I am using vista 64 and the newest driver atm. When the black out happens the monitor did not shut down or change color, I am pretty sure it's not power problem or connection problem.

Also the temperature is around 86C, I don't think it's the problem.

Anyone with similar issue?
 
Last edited:
I am not sure what that means. But there are no error and just sudden black out without effecting the the game itself (no fps drop).
 
If by latest drivers you mean the 9.4 then get rid of it. The 9.4 is terrible for the 4870x2. I have had BSODs and all kinds of trouble with it. This one works best so far out of the 9 different drivers I have tried. http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/GPU-6-HotfixthatfixesErrorCode.aspx

You will notice that it has the powerplay issue that 8 out of 9 drivers I have tried also has. One core will run at the full 750 mhz on boot. Start and exit a 3d app and it will return to normal speed and temps. I don't mind it to run that speed when gaming, but I can't see a reason to have it running at 70c idle.
 
I only have my 4870x2 for a week or two. I have some problem with the video suddenly black out for 1 second and resume back to normal during game and time even during desktop. I am using vista 64 and the newest driver atm. When the black out happens the monitor did not shut down or change color, I am pretty sure it's not power problem or connection problem.

Also the temperature is around 86C, I don't think it's the problem.

Anyone with similar issue?

This thread could be of interest to you : http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1409684

I'm having the same issue with my GTX 285 and I've sent it back for an RMA with BFG.
 
I tried the hot fix patch but no help at all. The blackout happen for 1-2 seconds unpredictably. It doesn't happen often but it sure is annoying. I am not sure about EDID problem but I don't have such a problem before hand with the same monitor and 7800GT SLI.

Magictoaster do you have your problem fixed after the RMA?

FYI I am using a shielded long DVI cable from monoprice instead of the short one that comes with the monitor due to the new location of my computer.

Any idea?
 
Back
Top