• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

4870X2 and WoW, edge-detect AA problem

Nexus6

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jul 29, 2004
Messages
326
Running Cat 8.8 (happens with the drivers that it came with as well), WinXP 32bit, and a 4870X2. When I turn on edge-detect and 4xAA in WoW, this is what I'm greeted with:



If I set the AA method to box, it looks fine.

Anyone else experiencing a problem like this?

I've loaded / unloaded the drivers MULTIPLE times. Safemode nuking, driver cleaner, driver sweeper... etc.
 
Same thing here, for WoW I just let it use application settings. WoW is very weird when it comes to anti -aliasing.

if i use edge detect it breaks AA altogether
 
Same thing here, for WoW I just let it use application settings. WoW is very weird when it comes to anti -aliasing.

if i use edge detect it breaks AA altogether

Yup same, leave it on box and be happy. For another example if I try and use TRAA on the 280 in WoW, some models and objects become see through that shouldn't etc etc.



 
What driver's are you using. I was having weird issues with the official 8.8 drivers....data corruption issues where my hd was forced run check disk at restart, and even temp issues as the card didn't seem to push the fan when things got hot. I would definitely try the 8.8 beta drivers on the net if you haven't already, they have worked solid 4 me thus far.
 
It works for me in a freshly installed Vista 64 and 8.8 beta/release drivers.

I'm not using any mods if that might affect it, just logging into an inactive account.
 
I'm having this same issue; OP, did you ever get any resolution?

I am assuming that mine is a hardware problem, though it makes no sense for it to be; was yours?
 
Back
Top