4870x2 and system lock ups and sound loop problem :-/

evanisthecoastie

Supreme [H]ardness
Dont know of any other way on how to explain it...

Non OC 4870x2, temps at 42c load fan speed set to 75%

Happens randomly and I cant figure it out, ive re-installed drivers, and gone to old drivers.

Typically the sound loops with it, dont know if that helps. While playing games, watching movies, flash video, streaming, listening on itunes.

Cant seem to recreate it at all, just happens often and randomly. Computer will completely freeze looping the last sound heard for about 6 to 7 seconds, sometimes longer and then return to normal for a couple min before it starts up again.

What's your PSU?

So when you enter a game or start to watch a movie, this happens? Or it happens no matter what? Has this replaced your 8800ultra in your sig or what?

are you running Vista 64 or Vista in general? are you also running ATI TRAY TOOLS?

I found ATI tray tools to be my issue for the EXACT same problem...

I was getting BSOD's with the 8.12's in Vista Ultimate 64bit. Went back to the 8.11's and it stopped. I'm waiting for the 9.1's to come out and see how they fare, also looking forward to the nicely rumored x-fire improvements in the 9.1's.

Sorry, computer is like officially fucked, doesnt boot to windows any more. not even safemode.

I was running XP home.

I was running tray tools, it might have been the problem, but i wont be able to say for sure now :-/

It was not a re-produceable problem, it would happen randomly and was extremely annoying, cant play any games or watch movies while it happened.

Tried to system restore to a date i had before it started occuring and botched everything, now i get to the little loading windows bar and it restarts itself after a couple mins :-(

Tried to system restore to a date i had before it started occuring and botched everything, now i get to the little loading windows bar and it restarts itself after a couple mins :-(
Flat out hard-resets in the middle of a bootup? Have you tried going into safe-mode?

try clearing cmos...go back to stock clocks for everything and see how things go. If it won't let you
in windows...perhaps you should reinstall windows.

Back